Footprints in Time: Memoirs of Previous Lifetimes
By: Diana Elmore
About the Book
Have you ever wondered where the past years are? Enter the fascinating worlds of author, Diana Elmore, where life, death, romance, adventure and fascinating characters of the ancient world come alive as though it were yesterday. Vibrant and alluring, these stories will touch your heart as they take you to places that no longer exist, but can only be found in memories.
It seemed to be a place dear to the earth. Kato said it was the home of sacred spirits who dwelled there, and I could feel them watching us as we passed through, hardly daring to speak or even to breathe in their lofty presence.
– Rising Sun
I had learned that the rich and powerful want what they want, when they want it. Now that I had my order to mingle, I paraded myself like a peacock. It was not an unpleasant task to show off my beauty with ways I knew so well.
– The Romans
I glanced through the trees trying to catch sight of the house. What if it were no longer standing – burned to the ground in some long-ago tragedy?
Who can flaunt Youth more innocently, irresponsibly and extravagantly than the young? The wisdom of the sage fades by comparison, and old bodies are best covered up.
– The Art of Sacred Cleaning
Little did I know that I would soon be carried away on the journey of a life time.
– The Scribe
If so many men adored me, who was I not to adore them?
– The Story of Lily
(2021, paperback, 366 pages)
Review of Footprints in Time
Memoirs of Previous Lifetimes
By Diana Elmore
Diana Elmore writes lyrical prose with cinematically vibrant descriptions of places and times. It seems that love and sex are themes throughout the book for most of the lives as a female. Various spiritual and religious themes are ever present. I wonder if the author has recognized and applied the lessons learned and skills mastered to this current life.
1. Rising Sun lived a life of love, joy and commitment to her true love, a life many only dream.
2. Ninya lives a life plagued by social pressure that forces her to abandon her vow to wait for her true love to return. It is a sad story of betrayal by the tribe, love lost, and personal strength gained.
3. Lily lives a privileged life as a child training to be a courtesan in a kind's court - a servant and priestess of the most worthy goddess. An attack on their kingdom sends her to a life of hardship, despised by those who enslave her. But there is hope and love within her that creates a new life.
4. Selia is a Roman courtesan who falls in love with a solider who would be a Christian. Caught up in a sweep of Christians, Selia is imprisoned and cannot seem to find anyone to help her. Even with high level contacts from her courtesan profession, no one seems to come to her aid. Death, treachery, and heartbreak darken this life, but a strong spirit enlightens all trials.
5. Eulyssia lives a life of cleaning the palace, and still she embraces her womanly charms and learns about many unseen beings while becoming a household priestess. She learns the importance of cleaning her living space, her psychic space, and all spaces she enters.
6. Handsome Boy is a short life as a native man and illustrates how one thoughtless mistake born of anger can end your life.
7. Homecoming - John Goodfellow was a middle-aged journalist from England returning home after 20 years. Adventure had been more intriguing than family, home, and love. Fearful of his reception, he finally arrives home.
8. Land of The Golden Sun - Merinet was born daughter of Dendra, Mistress of the Dance, and as she grew up, she mastered the dance and advanced to the Queen/Pharaoh's Mistress of Events by age 19.
9. The Scribe - Sometimes we make choices, and sometimes our choices are already made, and we just accept them as they come. They may lead us on a journey we never thought possible. Such is the story of young Tamen who has no idea of the greatness that awaits him.